How to open a door from the outside .... without the key

Hello Internet!
Today I want to tell you a little tip that will save you some money... i.e. the cost of a call to locksmith :)

Did ever happen to you to lock out of your appartment?
In many countries apartment doors have handles only on the inside, so if you go out (without the key ) and your door closes after you, you are screwed!

Personally I did happen to me twice in the last 8 months :(
Anyway, the easiest way (the one I used!) to unlock your door is with a credit card or, better, a loyalty card from a supermarket, because it could be damaged in the process!
Then, the only thing you have to do, is to insert the card just next the knob and push!
That's it! After some practice, it works :)

However, I have to tell you a couple of things...
1) Not all doors can be opened this way.
2) If you don't have a loyalty card to use, your neighbor certainly has it!

This nice video explains it better that I did!



There are also other ways to open a door without keys, included the McGyver way! Check it out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where to get research papers for free

Library.nu alternatives

Italian Words in How I Met Your Mother